Weekend Trip from Portland
Planning a romantic getaway to Oregon wine country or a wine weekend with friends? Whatever your reason, escaping the city (or just everyday life) for the hills of the Willamette Valley is sure to leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. But with so much to do in Oregon wine country, it can be difficult to decide where to go and what to do on your weekend away. To help you decide, we’ve put together a sample weekend itinerary, so that you can plan your ideal visit. Modify to your liking or use it as-is, for a ‘wine weekend getaway’ that is second to none.
- A mere 7 miles from your flat is Brooks Wines. Arrive by 11:30 AM and catch their free daily behind-the-scenes tour. Once your tour is done, stick around and enjoy a wine flight or try something off their delicious pairing menu for lunch.
- When you’re ready to move on, head just minutes up the road and check out the tasting room at Mystic Wines or head a couple of minutes in the opposite direction for an equally enjoyable experience at the Grochau Cellars (or do both)!
- Next, stop by the inviting Estate Tasting Room at Methven Family Vineyards and sample some of their exclusive small-lot estate varietals.
- Finish out the day by dining on exquisite locally-sourced cuisine while cozied up near the wood-fired oven at The Blue Goat.
- Fuel up for your day with a quick breakfast at the Amity Bakery and Cafe or The Common Cup (don’t forget to use your complimentary discount coupon provided with your stay)
- Head on down to The Brigittine Monks to sample their chocolate fudge and hand rolled truffles (tip: don’t forget to pick some up for later to have with the wine at your flat).
- Take in the valley views while sipping on wines at the Keeler Estate Vineyard tasting room. It’s just minutes away from your flat!
- Tucked away in the Eola-Amity Hills, find Bjornson Vineyard and enjoy a glass of wine.
- Take the last half of your day to explore the charming shops in downtown McMinnville. Only 11 miles away, it’s the perfect mid-day shopping excursion. Before you head back to your flat, grab a bite at one of their many restaurants.
- Ready to unwind while continuing to indulge? Head back to your flat and enjoy your complimentary bottle of Pinot and savor some of the fudge or truffles that you picked up earlier in the day at The Brigitttine Monks.
- Before embarking on your final day, enjoy cup of locally-sourced coffee brewed in the French press available in your flat.
- Trip winding down, but you haven’t stocked up? Don’t fret, there are three lovely wineries within mere steps of your flat, including The Bramble – featuring Silas Wines, Coelho Winery, Trade Street Taphouse, Franny Beck.
- Pick up a couple homemade mini pies from Blue Raeven Farmstand on your way out of town.
Thirsty for more? Find additional itinerary inspiration on our activities page.