There is little question you’ll want to spend some of your time here tasting the world-class Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Gris in any of the 500 plus wineries among the rolling hills of the Willamette Valley. But for those of you wanting to branch out, there is in fact, a lot more that the Valley has to offer its visitors.
If you’re looking for things to do in area during your stay at Amity Flats, we invite you to consider the activities below:
- Looking for a family friendly excursion? Head out to the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in nearby McMinnville.
- Soak in the scenery along one of our recommended scenic drives
- In the Willamette Valley, we pride ourselves on offering local, sustainable, farm to table dining which you can experience at numerous restaurants and tasting rooms in the area. We recommend The Blue Goat for a culinary experience you won’t soon forget. If you order ahead, they’ll even pack you a picnic!
- There are many opportunities to go by bike in the valley, whether you’re headed to a tasting, or merely in need of some fresh valley air.
- Explore a natural wonder and view the largest glacial erratic (rock) ever found in the Willamette Valley (weighing in at 90 tons) at the Erratic Rock State Natural Site.
- From local artisan shops offering unique and one-of-a-kind treasures to larger shopping centers like Woodburn Premium Outlets, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
- Rodeos, craft beer festivals, music, wine and cultural events, there is something special going on all the time.
- Venture out and explore nearby towns like 3rd Street in McMinnville, Carlton, Dundee, or Newberg.
- Taste your way through the hills at any of the area wineries in Willamette Valley or in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA specifically.