There is little question you’ll want to spend some of your time here tasting the world-class Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Gris in any of the 500 plus wineries among the rolling hills of the Willamette Valley. But for those of you wanting to branch out, there is a lot more that the Yamhill County and the Willamette Valley have to offer visitors!
If you’re looking for things to do in area during your stay at Amity Flats, we invite you to consider the activities below:
- Looking for a family friendly excursion? Head out to the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in nearby McMinnville. And if you have kids with you, they are sure to love the adjacent Wings and Waves Waterpark.
- Soak in the scenery along one of our recommended scenic drives
- In the Willamette Valley, we pride ourselves on offering local, sustainable, farm to table dining which you can experience at numerous restaurants and tasting rooms in the area. We recommend The Blue Goat for a culinary experience you won’t soon forget. If you order ahead, they’ll even pack you a picnic!
- There are many opportunities to go by bike in the valley, whether you’re headed to a tasting, or merely in need of some fresh valley air. We have two bicycles available for rent at Amity Flats, or for more options, visit by Tommy’s Bicycle Shop in nearby McMinnville.
- Explore a natural wonder and view the largest glacial erratic (rock) ever found in the Willamette Valley (weighing in at 90 tons) at the Erratic Rock State Natural Site.
- Yamhill County abounds with local artisan shops offering unique and one-of-a-kind treasures. Be sure to visit Earth and Wood, just around the corner from Amity Flats. Or for a larger shopping center, head over to the Woodburn Premium Outlets — there’s sure to be something for everyone.
- Rodeos, craft beer festivals, music, wine and cultural events, there is something special going on all the time. Visit McMinnville maintains a terrific list of current local events.
- Venture out and explore nearby towns like 3rd Street in McMinnville (which has won accolades from Sunset Magazine, the American Planning Association, and Parade Magazine as one of the best Main Streets in America), Carlton, Dundee, or Newberg.
- Taste your way through the hills at any of the area wineries in Willamette Valley or in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA specifically. You’ll soon discover there isn’t enough time (no matter how many days you’re here) to visit all of the wineries on your “must see” list, so you’ll just need to come back to visit again!