Beer and Spirits
One of the reasons that Oregon is so famous for its craft beers and ales is that the Willamette Valley is one of the world’s outstanding hop- and barley-growing and regions. In addition to sampling some of the outstanding local beverages, visitors might consider an short drive to see local hops farms (see scenic drives)
Some of Our Favorites
- The Bramble – downstairs from Amity Flats, has several beers and ales on tap.
- Roth’s grocery store in McMinnville is a great place to fill your growler.
- The Bitter Monk in McMinnville has a constantly-rotating selection of premium, local beers and ales.
- The Golden Valley Brewery is a family-owned business that started in McMinnville in 1993.
- Ransom Wines and Spirits. We especially like their Ransom Old Tom Gin.
- Sub Rosa Spirits. The distillery isn’t set up for visits but the product is locally made and locally available.
- Hard Times Distillery