From museums and theaters to art galleries and well, yes, wineries and vineyards – there is a lot to explore near Amity Flats in the Willamette Valley. We invite you to consider some of the more notable attractions close to your accommodation.
- History and agriculture buffs commence! At Yamhill Valley Heritage Center you can check out antique farm, logging and other historical equipment, while learning about their rich past.
- The third largest art museum in Oregon can be found at The Hallie Ford Museum of Art at Willamette University. Exhibitions span from ancient to modern works with a focus on the culture of the Pacific Northwest. But don’t stop here. There are many other art venues to explore in around the mid-Willamette Valley.
- A favorite for good reason, the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum does not disappoint. Step inside the original Spruce Goose, be awestruck among World War II artifacts, or feel a simulated launch sequence from the inside of a missile silo.
- Historic McMinnville has a little something for everyone. Shop, dine, taste wine, or enjoy art galleries among the historic buildings that line 3rd street. If you enjoy scenic views, be sure to check out Baskett Slough National Wildlife Refuge for a hike to remember. You can count on something going on year-round in this cozy and thriving old downtown.
- It almost goes without saying, the wineries and vineyards of the Willamette Valley are among some of the best in the world and the wine itself is only the tip of the iceberg. Come for the wine, but stay for the people, the land, and the culture.
For more ideas of things to do and see in the Willamette Valley, visit our activities page.